Using MySlate biometric utility, you can do the following
- Automatically set student's attendance.
- Send Auto-SMS to parents as soon as the child enters the classroom.
MySlate biometric system has been tested with Identix K30 Pro and this option is only available for paid customers. For support, you can contact our support team on +91.7777075822.
Please follow the below instructions to setup biometric attendance in MySlate.
- Install the MySlate biometric utility on your computer (Windows 8 or higher). You can download it from myslate.in/downloads/biometric-setup.zip.
- After installation, open the config file (MySlate_Attendance.exe.config) from the installed location and make the following changes in the value option of the following keys. For e.g., you need to change only the highlighted text in this <add key="TableName" value="DeviceLogs" /> :
- Mdb_Url : This is the path of the database file of your biometric software. Kindly ensure your biometric software uses Access Database.
- TableName : This is the name of the table used by the above mentioned database, where attendance logs are saved. Keep the default value if you are using Identix K30 Pro
- LogId : This is the name of the column which stores unique Log IDs in the above mentioned table. Keep the default value if you are using Identix K30 Pro
- UserId : This is the name of the column which stores student's Roll No in the above mentioned table. Keep the default value if you are using Identix K30 Pro
- Time : This is the name of the column which stores student's Entry Time and Date in the above mentioned table. Keep the default value if you are using Identix K30 Pro
- CenterId : This is your unique Branch ID. You will find this value under "Account Settings > Account Details" on MySlate Panel.
- Username : This is your unique Institute ID. You will find this value under "Account Settings > Account Details" on MySlate Panel.
- Accesstoken : This is your unique Biometric Password. You will find this value under "Account Settings > Account Details" on MySlate Panel.
- TimeInterval : This is the time interval after which the MySlate biometric utility runs to check for new attendance entries. This needs to be in milliseconds. The minimum is 60000 milliseconds i.e 10 minutes.
- Create_File : This is the path of the log file. The log file stores MySlate utility activity. This helps you diagnose the system in case of any issue. Change only if the default value is not valid on your computer.
- Kindly ensure that your biometric software is able to automatically pull the logs from the device to its software installed on your computer. If not, this will have to be done manually by the user.
- After you are done with the MySlate utility setup, you need to set the biometric settings on MySlate. Go to "Account Settings > Biometric Device Setup" on MySlate web panel and set the below options.
- Attendance Conducted : If the biometric attendance is taken during the start of the lecture, set it to "Before Lecture" else set it to "After Lecture". This ensures that the attendance is marked for the correct lecture instead of the previous or next lecture.
- Enter Buffer in Minutes : Enter the maximum time allowed to take the attendance before or after the lecture starts. This needs to be minutes.
- Send SMS to Guardian : Enabling this, will automatically send an SMS to the student's guardian when the student marks his attendance.
For the biometric system to work properly, you need to have an active internet connection at all times.